Red Flag Warning!
We are Fire Weather Zone 495
URGENT – FIRE WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service 301 PM MDT Mon Jun 21 2021
…RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT, TUESDAY, JUNE 22 FOR SCATTERED DRY THUNDERSTORMS AND GUSTY OUTFLOW WINDS
FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 495…
…FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR DRY LIGHTNING FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 495
* The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a Fire Weather Watch for dry lightning, which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zone 495 Color Country West Desert.
* WINDS…For the Red Flag Warning, southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…For the Red Flag Warning, as low as 7 percent.
* THUNDERSTORMS…For the Fire Weather Watch, isolated to scattered, mainly dry thunderstorms possible.
* OUTFLOW WINDS…For the Fire Weather Watch, strong and erratic outflow winds possible.
* IMPACTS…Critical fire weather conditions are expected. Any new fire starts could spread rapidly.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now…or are imminent. A combination of strong winds…low relative humidity…and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.