Cedar City, UtahLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.

Water and Trash


Upcoming HOA Project Information & Voting Opportunities

Project 1 – New Underground Water Storage Tank

This project involves the addition of a 500,000-gallon underground, cement water storage tank to increase the water reserves needed for Cedar Highlands, which also improves fire protection. Our current upper meadow tank holds 165,000 gallons.

A 2/3rd agreement from the HOA members is required to modify the legal description of the current CICWCD contract in the upper meadow. This modification will include an easement for connecting the new tank to the pump house. The legal description of the land is needed for the easement to connect the new tank to the pump house. This needs to be added to the legal description of the existing agreement, recorded on the plat map, if the vote is approved by HOA Members (see Fig 3 below). The original water contract and the new proposed addition can be viewed by Clicking Here.  This agreement is between the HOA and CICWCD.

Figure 1 – Existing CICWCD boundaries

Figure 2 – Current fenced in area and proposed new CICWCD boundary

Figure 3 – New water tank, proposed fire house and helipad location

Figure 4 – Current fenced area and access road
Figure 5 – New tank will be near the intersection of the two fences

For Water Leaks or other issues call:  435-865-9901

The Central Iron County Water Conservancy District
– Link to CICWCD web site

Homeowners are billed for water usage and Lot owners are charged a stand-by fee.  Base fee is $30 per month plus usage for Homeowner.

Reminder:  Outside watering was brought up. CC&R Article 9 Section 3 prohibits outside watering. The exterior use of water also reduces the amount available for fire. 
The CICWCD newsletter can be read here.


Contact the Iron County Clerk

PO Box 429, Parowan, UT  84761-0429
(435) 477-8342 or (435) 477-8346  

The community trash bin is located at graded area by the lower water tank. A key is needed for access to the community trash bin and can be obtained from previous homeowner or the HOA Treasurer.  

Reminder:  Please limit the use of the trash bin to household garbage and to take construction and other debris to the county dump.